General Rules: 2018
General Rules: 2018 · All Cars to display Renegade Race Fuel Decal. RACEceivers will be used.
- Safety Inspection tag is mandatory before you are allowed on the track. 2018 Houston Area Track Safety Inspection tag is valid.
- Safety Inspection tags will be available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at Tech.
- Items inspected: All personal safety gear, 5 point seat belts/ fastened securely, seat secure, window net/ arm restraints, helmet (neck brace), driving suit, wrecker pick-up points front and rear. Other safety items as required by your class. No large holes in fire wall. No sharp edges on bumpers, nerf bars, fender such to cut another car’s tire. You are allowed to hot lap/practice but not to RACE without an Inspection Tag. Cost: $-0-.
- Any car coming to Tech without a 2018 VALID Safety Inspection tag issued, after Heat, Dash, D, C, B, or A is disqualified.
- Non-engine Tech inspection is optional for all classes and will be conducted at Tech at any time.
- Weight: All weights are post-race. You weigh with the car as it finished the race. ie: missing parts.
- No radios, no mirrors, scanners, or cell phones allowed in the race car while on the track. ONLY ONE Raceceiver Allowed per car/driver. No race other communications allowed.
- No traction control devices allowed. All rear ends must be locked.
- No gasoline or methanol additives for the enhancement of power.
- All drive shafts are to be painted white or silver.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed in the pit area before or during your races.
- Qualification remains with the driver, not the car. Which means the driver is qualified, but if the driver changes cars, they must start in the rear of the race in which the driver is qualified for.
- One registration per driver per class is required. Maximum Two Classes.
- Any ballast that is not welded in place must be painted white or silver.
- No recaps. Asphalt take offs are legal in some classes. No Claims.
- Tech is not the place to find out your car is not legal. Know the rules, and know your car. DO NOT argue with the Tech Officials. Tech ruling is final!
2018 IMCA Modified:
- 2018 IMCA Modified rules apply with exceptions. IMCA license not required. This is not a sanctioned race.
- Any steel locked rear end is allowed, quick change okay steel tubes only.
- Bert, Brinn, Falcon, RaceGator and Mitchell internal clutch allowed. No In/Out boxes.
- No aluminum suspension parts allowed. Solid tubular lowers allowed. Only solid design radius rods, and arms.
- Any steel 15″ x 8″ wheel, any offset, any beadlock. Tires: Unaltered Hoosier G60 stamped IMCA only. May be ground, grooved, or siped. NO softeners. Minimum Durometer 53.
- One piece Spoiler 2″ height allowed with 604 only. Weight 2450 lbs .
- No Claims.
2018 Mod-Lite / Dwarf:
- Mufflers not required.
- Body: Mod-Lites and Classic both allowed. Texas Stars body rules.
- Tires: Hoosier Medium Bozz tread V, Stars plated, TUSA plated. All must duro minimum of 40 before race.
- Wheels: Max 8″ steel wheels allowed. Beadlocks allowed.
- Engines: GSXR 1000 (2016 or older), Honda CBR 1000 RR (2016 or older), Yamaha YZFR1 (2016 or older), Kawasaki ZX 10 (2016 or older), Max compression 230 psi. Must remain stock bore and stroke, stock rods and pistons and cams. All head components must remain stock. Cams must be stock as per original equipment manufacturer, Optional sprocket, slots ok. ONLY OEM stock ignition system. Power Commanders up to 5USB and/or TFI may be used. Engine must retain its stock fuel induction system. May run aftermarket air filters/headers/oil pan. Power Commander up to 5 USB, and TFI are legal. NO Bazzaz, auto tune or programmable ECU. Older carbureted engines allowed, Secondary butterflies may be removed. 1250cc max. Must be an originally a carbureted motor.
- Weight: 1315 lbs Modlites. LEGAL Battleground, LonestarDwarfs, AC/DC, WesternStatesDwarfs weight: 1240#
- Brakes: 3 working brakes with calipers and steel rotors.
- Suspension: Torque absorbing devices allowed. Max 3-link. Max 30″ trailing arms, Gears: Quick Change with steel tubes allowed, any gear. Axles must be locked. No bird cages.
2018 Limited Modified:
- IMCA, GTRP, 105, Battleground Legal cars are legal.
- Chassis. 107-109″ wheelbase. All suspension parts must be stock appearing for 78′-87′ GM metric frame. After market bushings allowed. No offsets. Upper control arm mounts may be moved/ replaced. Upper control arms stock appearing aftermarket. Spindles and rotors, stock.
- Stock brakes, minimum 3 complete working brakes assemblies required. Proportioning valves ok. Any steel non-adjustable shock okay. Shock spacers OK. Adjustable spring spacers ok. Steel springs 5.5” minimum front, 4.5” minimum rear.
- Body. Modified style.
- Wheel base Min= 107” at Tech. 7.5” GM 10 bolt. Ford 9” tube ends allowed.
- Max 362ci. May use GM crate engine #88958602, or 19258602 ONLY. Must be sealed with factory seals MUST be present and not show any evidence of tampering!
- Flat top pistons only, No six inch rods. Max 1.94” in, 1.50” ex. 11/32”, Heads: 997, 445, 882, 624, 441, 487, 993, 185, 920, 862, 598, 493, 336, 126 ONLY, no ‘X’. may use Engine Quest (EQ) stock Replacement (SR) cylinder head, GM part #CH3501. 180 psi max. No Roller cam.
- ONLY Carburetor 4412-500cfm on ALL engines except crates which can use any 4 barrel. Metering blocks, float bowls, and base plate may be aluminum non-Holley. GoNoGo will be used on 4412. Gasoline Only.
- Wheels. 15″x8″ with any offset. Right Rear bead lock is allowed.
- Tires. 8” H-Stamped Hoosier ‘500’ or IMCA Stamp. Tires will be Durometer’ed. Grinding, siping, grooving ok.
- Weight. 2325 lbs.
2018 Factory Stock / Pure Stock:
No 602, 604. If you are legal in ARKLATEX rules you are allowed to race.
- American made passenger car. Two or four door car is allowed. Steel roof required. Trucks bodies are allowed.
- Full floor pan or OEM firewall not required. Quick Steer OK
- Engine. Stock OEM cast steel block in stock Location. Max. 368 ci. Stock bore (+0.065”) and stock stroke combinations only. After market pulleys and balancer allowed. Hydraulic cam only, MAX .450 lift at valve. Compression Rule 175 psi. Only single spring, steel open chamber heads (no 461,462, nor Vortec etc, must match block (305 heads with 305 block OK.). Max valve 1.94”, 11/32” No port/polish. No fuel injection. Stock OEM (iron or aluminum) unaltered intakes only, plus VictorJr #2901. Carburetor: Holley 4412-500cfm maximum allowed. After market metering block ok. GoNoGo will be used. May use adapter / spacer with 1” max thickness. Ignition: Stock/ stock replacement.
- Transmission must be stock with working torque (10.25”min) converter or (10.1”min) clutch/flywheel combination..
- Rear end. Stock for year make and model. Axles must be locked.
- Fuel. Gasoline only. No performance enhancement additives.
- Brakes Stock Drum or all steel rear disc brakes allowed. Minimum 3 complete working brake assemblies. Only 1 master cylinder.
- Suspension stock. Any steel spring allowed. 14″ max on rear.IMCA type uppers allowed.
- Shocks must be stock mount on shock and car in stock location. After market suspension bushings allowed. No jack bolts. No adjustable spring spacers.
- Wheels. Maximum 8”x15” steel.
- Tires: Hoosier Asphalt 1070. F45, F50, or F56 on rear. F40 allowed on front ONLY. NO Siping/ Grooving. Must durometer 50 or more.
- No headers allowed.
- Weight: 2975 lbs. Aluminum Bodies add 50 lbs.
2018. 305 Sprints:
Southern United Sprints, Louisiana Bayou Sprinters, Smileys Sprints, and RaceSavers are welcome.
- Sprint cars only. Frame and body must have a sprint car appearance. Wheel base 80” minimum, 95” max.
- RACESAVER® 305 SPEC head. 10.25:1 maximum compression ratio, checked w/ Whistle. Max CI= 317. ZERO Tolerance. Max Stroke 3.50.
- RR= Hoosier RACESAVER® plated ONLY. No softeners allowed. Minimum durometer for RR = 35, LR minimum 33. RR Bead lock required. No Bleeders.
- Wing maximums: 25 sq. ft., 61” wide, side boards 30” by 72”.
- Cockpit adjustable weight jacks, shocks, or wings will not be permitted.
- Weight 1550 lbs after race. 100 lb. penalty for use of any electronic components, including: ignition, ECU’s or driver aids, which means minimum 1650 lbs!
2018. Outlaw Street Stock:
- This is a FOUR barrel stock-style full body Street Stock type class.
- Any American made passenger car. PLUS Nova and Camaro allowed.
- Chassis. NESmith approved chassis legal. Full frame or uni-body frame. Uni-body sub-frames must be tied together.
- Suspension. After market steel springs allowed. No Coil overs. Lowering blocks are okay. Spacers OK. Any shocks max 4 allowed, may be relocated. Tubular upper and lower control arms okay. Any ball joint. Struts OK. Quick change ok, wide 5 ok.
- Body. Full body Steel/ aluminum body only. Plastic skirts, nose, tails OK. No fiberglass except roof. No Late Model style bodies.
- All interior panels may be removed.
- Steering. Stock steering box must be used. No Rack&Pinion. Quick steer okay.
- Fuel/systems. Gasoline only, no performance enhancement additives.
- Wheels: 10″ wide wheel maximum. Steel only.
- Tires: For best performance use four.
- Weight: 3000 lbs with driver.
2018. 600s Non Wing Sprints:
- This is a Non Winged 600 Sprint class.
- POWRi 600 Series rules apply,