General Rules: 2017
General Rules: 2017 · All Cars to display Renegade Race Fuel Decal. RACEceivers will be used.
- Safety Inspection tag is mandatory before you are allowed on the track. 2017 Houston Area Track Safety Inspection tag is valid.
- Safety Inspection tags will be available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at Tech.
- Items inspected: All personal safety gear, 5 point seat belts/ fastened securely, seat secure, window net/ arm restraints, helmet (neck brace), driving suit, wrecker pick-up points front and rear. Other safety items as required by your class. No large holes in fire wall. No sharp edges on bumpers, nerf bars, fender such to cut another car’s tire. You are allowed to hot lap/practice but not to RACE without an Inspection Tag. Cost: $-0-.
- Any car coming to Tech without a 2017 VALID Safety Inspection tag issued, after Heat, Dash, D, C, B, or A is disqualified.
- Non-engine Tech inspection is optional for all classes and will be conducted at Tech at any time.
- Weight: All weights are post-race. You weigh with the car as it finished the race. ie: missing parts.
- No radios, no mirrors, scanners, or cell phones allowed in the race car while on the track. ONLY ONE Raceceiver Allowed per car/driver. No race other communications allowed.
- No traction control devices allowed. All rear ends must be locked.
- No gasoline or methanol additives for the enhancement of power.
- All drive shafts are to be painted white or silver.
- No alcoholic beverages are to be consumed in the pit area before or during your races.
- Qualification remains with the driver, not the car. Which means the driver is qualified, but if the driver changes cars, they must start in the rear of the race in which the driver is qualified for.
- One registration per driver per class is required. Maximum Two Classes.
- Any ballast that is not welded in place must be painted white or silver.
- No recaps. Asphalt take offs are legal in some classes. No Claims.
- Tech is not the place to find out your car is not legal. Know the rules, and know your car. DO NOT argue with the Tech Officials. Tech ruling is final!
- 2017IMCA, USMTS, USRA Modified rules apply with exceptions. IMCA license not required.
- Any steel locked rear end is allowed, quick change okay steel tubes only.
- Bert, Brinn, Falcon, RaceGator and Mitchell internal clutch allowed. No In/Out boxes.
- No aluminum suspension parts allowed. Stock dimensional tubular lowers allowed. Only solid design radius rods, and arms.
- Any steel 15″ x 8″ wheel, any offset, any beadlock. Tires: Unaltered Hoosier G60 stamped IMCA only. May be ground, grooved, or siped. NO softeners. Minimum Durometer 53.
- Engines: >375ci must use 8000 rpm chip, <374ci must use 8600 rpm chip or as specified. Option1: USMTS Spec & Flat tappet 2425lbs. 5” Spoiler. CT525 crate engine minimum two 30 lb weights added at or ahead of motor mounts and above spark plugs. 7300 Chip. Weight 2425lbs. with 5” Spoiler. Option2: Flat tappet IMCA Weight 2375lbs. 6” Spoiler. GM Crate 604 with 6800 Chip. Spoiler 6”. Weight 2375 lbs. OR Concept Engine: (8000 rpm chip). Spoiler 6″ Weight 2400 lbs. Option3: Open Engine: No Spoiler. Weight 2500 lbs with 23-degree heads, 2550 lbs with <23-degree heads. With non-Brodix Spec aluminum heads 50lbs in front of motor plate.
- Must declare IMCA, USMTS, Heads, and Weight at tech and with weight display on left side windshield post! No Claims.
2017 Mod-Lite / Dwarf:
- Mufflers not required.
- Body: Mod-Lites and Classic both allowed. Texas Stars body rules.
- Tires: Hoosier Medium Bozz tread V, Stars plated, TUSA plated. All must duro 40 before race.
- Wheels: Max 8″ steel wheels allowed. Beadlocks allowed.
- Engines: GSXR 1000 (2016 or older), Honda CBR 1000 RR (2015 or older), Yamaha YZFR1 (2016 or older), Kawasaki ZX 10 (2015 or older), Max compression 230 psi. Must remain stock bore and stroke, stock rods and pistons and cams. All head components must remain stock. Cams must be stock as per original equipment manufacturer, Optional sprocket, slots ok. ONLY OEM stock ignition system. Power Commanders up to 5USB and/or TFI may be used. Engine must retain its stock fuel induction system. May run aftermarket air filters/headers/oil pan. Power Commander up to 5 USB, and TFI are legal. NO Bazzaz, auto tune or programmable ECU. Older carbureted engines allowed, Secondary butterflies may be removed. 1250cc max. Must be an originally a carbureted motor.
- Weight: 1315 lbs Modlites. LEGAL Battleground, LonestarDwarfs, AC/DC, WesternStatesDwarfs weight: 1240#
- Brakes: 3 working brakes with calipers and steel rotors.
- Suspension: Torque absorbing devices allowed. Max 3-link. Max 30″ trailing arms, 8. Gears: Quick Change with steel tubes allowed, any gear. Axles must be locked. No bird cages.
2017 Limited Modified:
- Chassis. 107-109″ wheelbase. All suspension parts must be stock appearing for 78′-87′ GM metric frame. After market bushings allowed. No offsets. Upper control arm mounts may be moved/ replaced. Upper control arms stock appearing aftermarket. Spindles and rotors, stock.
- Stock brakes, minimum 3 complete working brakes assemblies required. Proportioning valves ok. Any steel non-adjustable shock okay. Shock spacers OK. Adjustable spring spacers ok. Steel springs 5.5” minimum front, 4.5” minimum rear.
- Body. Modified style.
- Wheel base Min= 107” at Tech. 7.5” GM 10 bolt. Ford 9” tube ends allowed.
- Max 362ci. May use GM crate engine #88958602, or 19258602 ONLY. Must be sealed with factory seals MUST be present and not show any evidence of tampering!
- Flat top pistons only, No six inch rods. Max 1.94” in, 1.50” ex. 11/32”, Heads: 997, 445, 882, 624, 441, 487, 993, 185, 920, 862, 598, 493, 336, 126 ONLY, no ‘X’. may use Engine Quest (EQ) stock Replacement (SR) cylinder head, GM part #CH3501. 180 psi max. No Roller cam.
- ONLY Carburetor 4412-500cfm on ALL engines except crates which can use any 4 barrel. Metering blocks, float bowls, and base plate may be aluminum non-Holley. GoNoGo will be used on 4412.
- Wheels. 15″x8″ with any offset. Right Rear bead lock is allowed.
- Tires. 8” H-Stamped Hoosier ‘500’ or IMCA Stamp. Tires will be Durometer’ed. Grinding, siping, grooving ok.
- Weight. 2325 lbs. IMCA cars must match rules above except EQ heads allowed.
2017 Factory Stock:
No 602, 604. If you are legal in ARKLATEX rules you are allowed to race.
- American made passenger car. Two or four door car is allowed. Steel roof required. Trucks bodies are allowed.
- Full floor pan or OEM firewall not required. Quick Steer OK
- Engine. Stock OEM cast steel block in stock Location. Max. 368 ci. Stock bore (+0.065”) and stock stroke combinations only. After market pulleys and balancer allowed. Hydraulic cam only, MAX .450 lift at valve. Compression Rule 175 psi. Only single spring, steel open chamber heads (no 461,462, nor Vortec etc, must match block (305 heads with 305 block OK.). Max valve 1.94”, 11/32” No port/polish. No fuel injection. Stock OEM (iron or aluminum) unaltered intakes only, plus VictorJr #2901. Carburetor: Holley 4412-500cfm maximum allowed. After market metering block ok. GoNoGo will be used. May use adapter / spacer with 1” max thickness. Ignition: Stock/ stock replacement.
- Transmission must be stock with working torque (10.25”min) converter or (10.1”min) clutch/flywheel combination..
- Rear end. Axles must be locked.
- Fuel. Gasoline only. No performance enhancement additives.
- Brakes Stock Drum or all steel rear disc brakes allowed. Minimum 3 complete working brake assemblies.
- Suspension stock. Any steel spring allowed. IMCA type uppers allowed.
- Shocks must be stock mount on shock and car in stock location. After market suspension bushings allowed. No jack bolts. No adjustable spring spacers.
- Wheels. Maximum 8”x15” steel.
- Tires: Hoosier Asphalt 1070. F45, F50, or F56 on rear. F40 allowed on front ONLY. NO Siping/ Grooving. Must durometer 50 or more.
- No headers allowed.
- Weight: 2975 lbs. Aluminum Bodies add 50 lbs.
- Driver. CURRENT Pure / Factory Stock drivers ONLY. If you race in any other class, you are not eligible. If you didn’t race Pure/Factory prior to July 4, 2017 you are not eligible.
2017 Street Stock:
- Any American made passenger car with full frame, PLUS Nova and Camaro allowed.
- Chassis. NESmith approved chassis legal. Full stock frame or uni-body frame. Uni-body sub-frames must be tied together.
- Suspension. After market steel springs allowed. Lowering blocks are okay. Any steel shocks max 4 allowed, may be relocated. Tubular upper control arms okay. Any ball joint.
- Body. Steel/ aluminum body only. No fiberglass except roof. No Late Model style bodies.
- All interior panels may be removed.
- Steering. Stock steering box must be used. No Rack&Pinion. Quick steer okay.
- Fuel/systems. Gasoline only, no performance enhancement additives. Mechanical fuel pump only. Holley 500 – 4412 ONLY! Metering blocks, float bowl, and base plate may be aluminum non-Holley. GoNoGo will be used.
- Ignition. Stock/ stock replacement, HEI aftermarket ok.
- ENGINE OPTION 1: Crate SPEC Engine #88958602 /19258602 engine may run any 4-barrel carburetor. All carb main body must be Original manufactured. Metering blocks, float bowls, and base plate may be aluminum non-Holley. May use carburetor spacer on crate engine. Weight 2975 lbs. ENGINE OPTION 2: Maximum 364 cubic inches. Aftermarket Steel rods ok. Flat top pistons must be used. No port or polish. Screw in studs/ guide plates are okay. Any Steel heads, steel only. Cast iron or aluminum intake okay. Weight 3175 lbs. ENGINE OPTION 3: Engines larger than 362 cubic inches. All other engine rules from Option 2 apply. If any other steel head (max 2.02, 1.68) Weight minimum 3375 lbs. Bore and Stroke must be displayed on left side window post or hood.
- Engine Location: #1 spark plug must be no further back than 1″ from front upper left ball joint, as measured with a square on the block. Penalty of 50lbs per inch added in front of left front ball joint. 1982-92 Camaros setback 14” from center of steering box slack bolt to first header bolt.
- Exhaust. Headers okay.
- Automatics may have working torque converter. Standards with clutch must have aftermarket safety steel bell housing. Bert /Brinn ok. Ball spline NOT allowed. Starters required.
- No after-market link system. Ford 9” OK. Floaters OK. Must be 100% steel.
- Wheels. Maximum 15″x 8” steel. Bead-locks allowed(update). Tires: Hoosier Stamped G60, or H500, KK704. Ten inch (10″) wheels allowed ONLY WITH Hoosier Asphalt 1070 F45. No softeners. CAUTION! Tires must durometer more than 45! All tires may be ground, grooved, or siped.
- Drivers must declare weight they are running at driver check-in and MUST BE DISPLAYED on LEFT side WINDOW POST.
2017. 305 Sprints:
Southern United Sprints, Louisiana Bayou Sprinters, Smileys Sprints, and RaceSavers are welcome.
- Sprint cars only. Frame and body must have a sprint car appearance. Wheel base 80” minimum, 95” max.
- RACESAVER® 305 SPEC head. 10.25:1 maximum compression ratio, checked w/ Whistle. Max CI= 317. ZERO Tolerance. Max Stroke 3.50.
- RR= Hoosier RACESAVER® plated ONLY. No softeners allowed. Minimum durometer for RR = 35, LR minimum 33. RR Bead lock required. No Bleeders.
- Wing maximums: 25 sq. ft., 61” wide, side boards 30” by 72”
- Weight 1550 lbs after race. 100 lb. penalty for use of any electronic components, including: ignition, ECU’s or driver aids, which means minimum 1650 lbs!
2017. Super Street Stock:
- You can not run both Super Stock and Street Stock with the same car.
- This is a FOUR barrel stock-style full body Street Stock type class.
- Any American made passenger car. PLUS Nova and Camaro allowed.
- Chassis. NESmith approved chassis legal. Full frame or uni-body frame. Uni-body sub-frames must be tied together.
- Suspension. After market steel springs allowed. Lowering blocks are okay. Spacers OK. Any shocks max 4 allowed, may be relocated. Tubular upper and lower control arms okay. Any ball joint. Struts OK.
- Body. Full body Steel/ aluminum body only. Plastic skirts, nose, tails OK. No fiberglass except roof. No Late Model style bodies.
- All interior panels may be removed.
- Steering. Stock steering box must be used. No Rack&Pinion. Quick steer okay.
- Fuel/systems. Gasoline only, no performance enhancement additives.
- Wheels: 10″ wide wheel maximum. Steel only.
- Tires: For best performance use four.
- Weight: 3200 lbs with driver.